Thursday, July 23, 2009

12 miles, done!

The past week has been rough. Upon my retun from atlanta last Monday I learned a cousin had passed away tragically. He took his own life. Something that no one ever wants to face or anyone will ever understand. Its like a nightmare to think about and you never wake up from it. Ugh. My brother Bobby came down from Canada for the services and I did get to see him before I left so that was nice. I miss him a lot. A typical ride in the car with my brother from Thursday:

After all of those formalities I did have a good weekend, I went to a jazz and wine festival at Glenora with Seth and his family and it was a blast. He surprised his family with a gorgeous portable table he made and we had a big picnic overlooking the lake while listening to some good music. Can we just say perfect? His mom had all sorts of vegan foodstuffs for us, it was awesome! I made oatmeal cream sandwiches the night before to share with his family and those were a hit. I had Monday off so we took our time, stayed long after the band stopped playing and then went to Watkins Glen for some vegan soft serve ice cream. What!! I haven't had that since I went vegan! Amazing. He mapped out a 12 mile route for me to run and guess what.. I did it! Felt like I was going to die.. But I covered the distance and made a wrong turn or two along the way. Good times. Its weird running in rochester, a great way to see the city. Fortunately none of my wrong turns landed me in the ghetto. In all it was an awesome weekend. Annnndd.. Now I have some baking to catch up on.

No comments: