Monday, October 6, 2008

Its My Birthday! 25! Here's to 75 More!


Woke up at 6:45am this morning so cozy I didn't want to get out of bed. I leaned over to check my blackberry & I saw an email from Lydia that said "I'M IN!" yay! she's starting a blog too! and so is Jocelyn! Jocelyn set up her blog already, the link is to the right. So yes, I decided to get up out of bed and was out the door by 7:15am. If I hadn't seen those emails I may have just gone back to bed! Afterall, its my birthday today & I can do whatever I want! I still had to go into work though, grr.

It was chilly this morning so I dressed appropriately & was glad I did. Normally I run right through the morning sprinklers but this morning I ran around them, its too cold to get wet now! I did something I never do before, I stopped after 1 mile to stretch for 5 minutes & then I made time to stretch when I finished the run. Hopefully these things will keep my hip & knee from hurting me again. I also think I need to do more strength training exercises for my hips, glutes and quads. From what I've been reading that will help with my IT band issues.

Hey, its my birthday! I turn 25 today. That sounds so weird. I never thought I'd be 25. I mean I guess its inevitable but I don't feel 25! I still have this strange habit of telling people I'm 23... weird right? So yeah, I can finally rent a car without all the hassle, my boss will be THRILLED!

Oh yeah, the real live Aaron Neville sang Happy Birthday to me over the phone today! That made my day! Yeah, we're buds.

25. Here's to 75 more great years! (filled with love, health, happiness, & fitness!)

p.s. i have a confession. i binged on kettle corn today. i'm allowed to, its my birthday. shh.

No comments: