Tuesday, October 28, 2008

rain rain go away

I had a rough night last night. Couldn't sleep, went to bed at 11pm with the intentions of waking up at 6:15am. Well I woke up every hour instead. My eyes are all puffy and swollen from last night, I still feel like they're half closed. I got up got dressed put on a hat and ran out the door only to be slapped with ice cold rain. Insult to injury aye? I wasn't stopping though, that marathon in sunny San Diego doesn't care what the weather was like in Jersey! It was kinda fun running in the rain although it was dark out and I was afraid cars weren't going to see me. I got hit with flying puddles a couple of times from passing cars, thanks! It was colldd out too. I think the coolest thing about my morning was the condensation on my tights that formed while I was running. How cool is that! SCIENCE! I noticed it while I was inside stretching. I took a three minute shower and was out the door in 5 minutes, hair still wet. Didn't matter anyway, we all got soaked waiting for the train. Its so windy out here umbrellas don't matter.

Wish I could play out in the rain like a kid instead of sit on a train soaking wet to go to work.

I feel like my spirit is broken right now. My amazing mom and jon were great in talking me through to help me see things a different way. Lydia too. I see opportunity, everything happens for a reason. I feel stagnant and I'm getting restless. The next couple of months are going to be a transitionary period for me. Maybe now is my chance to go back to China and teach for a couple of months. Lydia inspires me to go out and explore on my own. Who wants to come with me?

Oh and my run was alright, I don't know how long it took me, I was in rare form this morning and just left without my stop watch or looking at the clock. It was interesting running against the wind and rain but I think I did my normal 30ish min for 3.3 miles. Maybe a min or two longer. But who cares really!

No comments: